Our mission is to improve the quality and productivity of the lives of individuals who experience, or are at risk of experiencing, mental disabilities and/ or substance abuse. We accomplish this through a fully integrated continuum of services in collaboration with the localities of Colonial Heights, Dinwiddie, Emporia, Greensville, Hopewell, Petersburg, Prince George, Surry, and Sussex.
We see D19 CSB as being the preferred provider for addressing the needs of individuals, families and children within our catchment area at risk of mental and substance abuse disabilities. We envision D19 CSB providing a continuum of services which are effective, accessible and focused to the needs of the individual.
We see ourselves continuing to operate in a multi-jurisdictional area that is supportive and responsive to the services we provide to its citizens. We see ourselves as a vital and cohesive force in the quality of life of our communities and its citizens.
District 19 Community Services Board is committed to providing outcome-oriented services in an efficient, effective, and accountable manner, while ensuring consumer satisfaction and service quality are maintained.
Our stated values are spelled out in these guiding principles:
- Our programs must involve the community in service design and delivery, be innovative, and be outcome-oriented in the least restrictive setting possible.
- Our programs should be fully integrated within the Board and well coordinated with other community services.
- We are committed to ensuring our employees are trained and engaged in meaningful, productive work in an efficient, effective, and safe manner.
- We value each employee as a professional and as a contributing member of our service system and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of our surrounding locality populations.
- We value delivering individualized services while ensuring all human rights are protected as well as being culturally sensitive.
- We value communicating in an honest, caring and open fashion.
- We are committed to utilizing sound fiscal management to ensure that we maximize our ability to provide a comprehensive continuum of services to consumers with varying levels of mental disabilities and substance abuse disorders.
- A continuum of services and support should be available to meet the choices, preferences, and needs of consumers and families.
- We are committed to having an involved, informed, and supportive Board of Directors.